QR Code App FAQ
It is 2-d barcode that can be scanned with a mobile phone and used to direct users to websites, allow them to call a phone number, text or even see a map location without using their keyboard. They can be used effectively to enhance user experience in marketing campaigns and are also great at helping you link the physical and digital worlds.
- iPhone: with IOS 11 onwards, you have an in built QR code scanner. Simply open your camera app and point it at the QR code. A popup will appear which you then need to click.
- Android: try using Google Lens or your camera app. If not, take a look in the Play store for a QR code app with good reviews.
No. You do not have to pay to use QR codes commercially or privately in 2020 since there is a free license from Denso Wave. Read more about QR code licensing.
There are lots of cool things you can do but as a starter you can use a Qr code to:
- Direct a user to a URL such as your website or social account page
- Prompt a user to call a certain phone number, email you or send an SMS a pre-populated phone number
- Show a user a location on a Google map
You can make a map from a QR code by going to QR Wolf and selecting "map" from the radio buttons, entering in the lattitude and longitude of the pin (use google maps to find these) and then hitting "Create Code".
You can make a cell phone call a phone number with a QR code by going to QR Wolf and selecting "phone" from the radio buttons, entering in the phone number to call (no spaces) and then hitting "Create Code".